My photo
Musician. Designer. Stylist. Traveler. Foodie. Friend.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Studio

Today I got to do a little "stunt" singing at The Monastery Studio.  What is "stunt singing" exactly? Well, Ric Hordinski of Monk & The Monastery Studio is working with a young singer- songwriter.  Apparently she is a GREAT imitator--she can bust out a Taylor Swift of Brandi Carlisle song with confidence.  But when it comes to her own songs--she has a hard time finding her style & really letting loose. SO--i studied her voice/songs & sang them how i thought they should be sung. My vocal tracks will give her something to imitate--helping her find a style and bust out of her melody ruts.  It was really fun & I even through out the idea of doing some further "artist development" with the young artist.   It would be cool to help a young artist "find her voice".
On a similar note, I'm going to teach a workshop at a conference this fall. My workshops will focus on "how to sing backing vocals" & "expressive/emotive singing".  
All these things are encouraging reminders that my childhood dreams have in fact come true-- I'm a professional singer. 
Rock....On.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

how fun is that?!

AP said...

I'd say you two are "rock stars," but unfortunately your alcohol consumption (or lack thereof) takes you out of contention for that title...

Unknown said...

i want to go to the bgv conference
trevor