My photo
Musician. Designer. Stylist. Traveler. Foodie. Friend.

Friday, August 8, 2008

The Home Stretch

Well...its Tye's last few days out west & he has sent some GREAT shots! Seabird has been rockin the west.

Speaking of ROCKIN'!!!......some friends and I traveled to Indy last Sunday to see (my absolute favorite band) RADIOHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Can you sense my enthusiasm? If you can't...this is what it looks like:
                             
Steven, Craig, Cindy, random dude Ed & I spent the day in Indy. Well---not random dude Ed.... Ed spent the afternoon traveling from Chicago. Why did it take all day, you ask?  Because his car broke down on the side of I-465. We couldn't go get him because we were already at the concert venue & re-entry was STRICTLY prohibited. Thankfully another random person picked him up, got his car towed & dropped him off at the concert. As for the rest of us, we hit up a little vintage store, drove around a big fountain several (hundred) times--almost hitting a horse & carriage--because the carriage driver was TEXTING! Do NOT horse & text at the same time, people! 
Then we proceeded to the concert. We found a sweet spacious spot in the lawn & kicked back until Radiohead came out to BLOW OUR MINDS! I spent most of the concert swaying & thanking God for music. The people around us spent most of the concert smoking pot.

On the way home we recorded a podcast for Craig's band-- The Vinyltones.  It was a FANTASTIC evening. I miss Tye, but have enjoyed the "single life" over the past few weeks.  I got to take up the whole bed, stay out late, spend time on my music, go to a concert, cook & clean less & have some quiet time. But...this week will be extra fun, because in counting down the days until Tye is home....IT'S SINGLE DIGITS, BABY!
What do I need to get done before Tye gets back?
(1) work out at least once 
(2) finish "detailing" the car (more on that later)
(3) clean up my messes
(4) try the hookah (check!)
(5) eat my stash of dark chocolate
(6) sleep diagonally & all sprawled out just a few more times

I'd better get to it!

1 comment:

scott d said...

i can come and hit the hookah, right? RIGHT?! (sorry. i get a little anxious at times.)